Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Battery Operated

As a product of the iPhone generation Lou believes that there's no limit to what a phone can do and that everything runs on batteries.

Broken phone?  New batteries.  Game not working?  No problem, just grab some new batteries.  Dead car?  Just charge that battery.

The other day Lou was biking in the driveway and having a tough time of it.  She was getting stuck in the run-off from the dirt road and her wheels were slipping.  She looked at me soberly and said:

Mom, my bike's not working.  I think it needs some new batteries.

Ha. 

You, my dear, are the batteries, the power behind that bike.  How can we charge you up?  Would you like a snack?  Maybe you need a quick nap.

Wouldn't it be nice if everything were battery operated?  Fixing anything would be so simple.

Good.  Because by the time Lou has to start fixing things herself, everything probably will be powered by batteries.  And she already knows how to fix it all.     

2 comments:

  1. WHAT A GENIUS Lou is! I want to be battery operated, WOW could I ever get sooo much more done in a day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I forgot to tell you and don't want to text because I have NO CLUE when you make it to bed these days ... I got C's new swimsuit today! Totally adorable TANK-kini lol when she is looking at me with the eyes of DEATH on Saturday take note of your near future :)

    Oh and I just noticed my Mommy is following you :) my chosen Mommy not the one I hide from ... Hi Momma Jilly Lilly!

    ReplyDelete